Saturday, October 30, 2010

learning to pray - again

Over and over again, I have to learn to pray.  Sometimes it's about the need for a new approach - a new perspective.  Sometimes its about reestablishing the practice, the discipline.  This morning I returned to  http://www.pray-as-you-go.org/  - I'd forgotten how lovely that resource is - with its absolutely beautiful music from Taize, it's reflection on the readings and its questions for my reflection.  Quite the jumpstart for an encounter with God.  I feel connected, more peaceful, more purposeful.  Thank you Jesuits.  Thank you God.

Prayer is so idiosyncratic, so particular to each of us.  To state the very obvious, each person's experience is as unique as the individual.  When I pray, when I become silent, inside and out, I sense energy and power all around me and empowering me - for love, for patience, for generosity.  It's deep and vibrant and comforting and makes me feel like I can soar.

I want to radiate the love I experience.  I want to connect with everyone - and in prayer - I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment